The cost of Invisalign in Ohio ranges on a few variables like location, severity of misaligned teeth, and other factors. Get answers here.
The average cost of Invisalign in Ohio
The average cost of Invisalign in Ohio is around $6,000. However, depending on a variety of factors, it may cost some people as little as $3,000, or as much as $9,000 after insurance. We’ll get into some of those x-factors below.
Variable Invisalign Cost Factors
The following factors can affect your individual cost of Invisalign in Ohio:
- Location. Believe it or not, the cost of Invisalign in Ohio can be affected by where you obtain your procedure. It may cost more to get Invisalign in more affluent suburbs and cities. Whereas, in cities like Cleveland or Columbus, you may find that the costs are lower on average.
- Condition of your teeth. Just as with traditional braces, depending on the severity of the misalignment of your teeth, you may pay considerably more to straighten your teeth over time, compared to someone with only slight alignment needs.
- Competition. Frequently coinciding with geographic location is competition. The more dental offices in a geographic area offering the same service, the more competitive pricing is likely to be. Whereas if only one dental office offers Invisalign in a wide geographic area, the more likely they would be to price the service higher.
- Insurance. Depending on your level of insurance, you may pay considerably less after insurance coverage, or considerably more if you are on a lesser plan. Consult your insurer and your dentist to learn what is covered and what is not.
- Experience. While not always the case, the more experienced your dentist, the more your service MAY cost. This is because part of what you’re paying for is the years or decades of expertise that is ensuring you’re getting the absolute best treatment. In contrast, a dentist just starting out may discount prices due to a lack of experience as well as to try to bring on clients by offering a cheap rate. Keep this in mind when entrusting your teeth in the hands of your dental expert.
How does the cost of Invisalign in Ohio compare to traditional braces?
Traditional braces generally align with the cost of Invisalign in Ohio on average, although wire or metal braces tend to cost slightly less when all is said and done. Each style is equally effective in achieving the desired straightening of teeth.
Below is rough breakdown on the average costs of the different types of braces:
|Braces style||Pre-insurance costs||After insurance|
|Ceramic braces||$2,000 to $8,500||$1,000 to $4,750|
|Metal/Wire braces||$3,000 to $8,000||$1,500 to $3,500|
|Invisalign clear aligners||$3,000 to $9,000||$1,500 to $4,000|
Is Invisalign worth it compared to traditional braces?
Before you look at numbers, remember that your teeth are an investment, and you only get one set in your adult life. While the short term cost of Invisalign may appear expensive, the long term results are absolutely worth the price. Many patients describe a sense of happiness and confidence in their smile that they’d lacked before, and agree that you can’t put a price on feeling confident in your smile.
Compared to traditional braces, the cost of Invisalign is quite comparable— only a few dollars more in most cases after insurance. As far as outcome, both styles of braces will provide you with the same results under the care of a professional.
How to get a precise cost estimate
Not all dentists offer Invisalign in Ohio. First, check with your preferred provider to see if the service is available, and consult your insurance company to see if you’re covered and to what extent. Many insurance plans cover part of Invisalign treatments, but not the full cost.
Ask your dentist if payment plans are offered and find the right option for you. Cleveland Dental Institute proudly offers professional Invisalign service and we are happy to offer a free consultation at any time. If you want a no-strings attached consultation with us, please feel free to reach out, here.
For more, follow us on our Facebook page.